Did you know that April is “National Car Care Month?” That means there is no better time to perform a self-check test on your car than right now in the middle of April! It is important to remember the following car maintenance tips so you can ensure that your vehicle is running properly before the arrival of the summer driving season!
1. Pop that hood! Pop the hood of your car and inspect all important fluids. Find the dipstick for your engine oil and transmission fluid and check these first. If you aren’t sure where to locate them in your car, search Google to find out.
2. While you are under there…make sure to check any visible hoses and belts. Make sure that they aren’t brittle, frayed, or loose.
3. Battery basics. Pay special attention to the battery connections and make sure that they aren’t loose and corroding. If corrosion is present, take a screwdriver or similar tool and scrape the decay loose.
4. April showers bring…windshield wiper use!! Ensure that your windshield wiper fluid is full. If it needs to be topped off and you don’t have any fluid on hand, you can always use distilled water as a temporary substitute.
5. Tire tips. Checking tires is probably the easiest type of self-maintenance you can perform! Invest in an inexpensive tire pressure gauge and make sure that your tires are full of air. Remember that if your tires show uneven wear, it is time for a wheel alignment!
Spring into April by making your free online reservation with Airlines Parking the next time you fly out of Detroit Metro Airport!