Believe it or not, the holidays are just around the corner! Along with the holidays comes tons of people traveling through Detroit Metro Airport to destinations around the world! This could be stressful, but preparation is key! We want you to be as prepared as possible! As a result, we have complied some helpful tips and tricks regarding booking your airfare out of Detroit Metro Airport over the holiday season.
- SkyScanner found that if you book your Christmas flights THIS WEEK (the week of Sept. 28), you will save an estimated 9.1% on fares! Late to the game? Booking between November 2-8 will save you an estimated 4.8% savings on Christmas travel. Something is certainly better than nothing!
- Book your Detroit Airport parking with us in advance to save money! Traveling for an extended period of time? Take advantage of our special Detroit Metro Airport Parking coupon deals for even bigger savings. As soon as you book your flight, don't forget to make your online DTW parking reservation and avoid the stress of full lots during the holidays.
- Flexibility with your travel dates goes a long way. For example, the day before Thanksgiving, Wednesday, is one of the most expensive to travel. If possible, it is suggested to add one or two days to your trip or head up a bit early. Even booking on Tuesday has the potential to save you big bucks.
- Research your options and always book direct. Use Travelocity and Kayack to check out all of your options, but always book directly from the airline itself. Booking direct is always best, and sometimes the price is even cheaper! Bonus: the loyalty points by booking direct are awesome!
- If possible, bring only a carry-on and a personal item. Thousands and thousands of checked bags go missing during the holiday season, and 2015 travelers will not be immune. Bringing a carry-on will expedite the check in and out process and will provide the peace of mind that your bags are in your hands at all times.
Post a Comment