Graduation is just around the corner. Many times, grads love to celebrate their accomplishments with a trip or vacation of a lifetime, before they settle into a full time job. If this sounds like you or someone you know, check out our list of travel tips just for grads:
- Don't be afraid. This is our #1 piece of advice! Jump feet first into your life long dream. You already accomplished graduation [whew!], now it's your turn to have fun!
- Research your options. Do you know what WOOFing is? Never heard of Airbnb? Maybe it's time to do some research into all the alternatives out there. Traveling somewhere fun and new doesn't have to be a financial burden. Have the credentials? Why not spend a semester in South Korea teaching English?
- Save your pennies. No matter what option you choose, travel is going to take some money. Do the hard part now while you finish up school. Take on a few extra hours at work. Eat dinner at home for the next month and forego your daily Starbucks. A penny saved is a penny earned!
- Get the most bang for your buck. Sure, places like Italy and the UK are popular destinations, but that also makes them expensive. Why not consider Thailand, Belize, or Cambodia? At many of these destinations, you are able to eat on $10 a day and can receive a massage on the beach for just a few bucks! What's not to love?!
- Wait just a few months. Summer is often the busiest and most expensive time to travel. If you spend a few more months at home and leave for your trip in say, September, you will be able to score fantastic deals!
Already booked your flight out of Detroit Metro Airport? Don't forget to make your Detroit Airport Parking reservation with Airlines Parking. Congratulations to all of the new graduates!
Post a Comment