|Simply watching the sights can be a relaxing way to pass the time!|
For some, layovers are a wonderful time to get out of the plane that has held them hostage for hours and walk around on some steady land. For others, layovers are a drag and can’t end soon enough. Check out some of these tips on how to make the most of your layover at Detroit Metro Airport:
- Explore Detroit! Depending on how long your layover at DTW airport is, get out and explore this great city! Some layovers can be as long as 5-6 hours, just enough time to hit most of the popular Detroit sites.
- Work out. If you don’t want to leave the airport, make the most of your stay by burning a few calories. If you are shy, or really don’t want other travelers to watch you do jumping jacks in the terminal, download a distance app [Strava, Nike Plus etc] on your smart device and take a brisk walk around the airport. You can clock in a few miles before your next flight arrives.
- Eat, drink, and be merry! Nothing makes a layover pass faster than a trip to one of the many Detroit Airport bars for a quick drink. Most restaurants have a happy hour special, perfect if your layover is during the afternoon.
- Get a room. If your layover is going to be very long, and/or during the wee hours of the morning, consider getting a cheap hotel room so that you will feel refreshed for the next leg of your journey. Can’t spend that much money? Purchase some ear plugs and a sleep mask before your trip, and get a little shut eye right at your terminal
- Read. Just about every airport has a multitude of magazine carts and bookstores. Browse every magazine on the rack or purchase a book you have been dying to read. Better still, take this opportunity to download a book onto your smart device and enjoy some quiet time.
Here at Airlines Parking, we hope to make your Detroit Airport Parking experience much more enjoyable than a long layover. With a variety of DTW parking options, including speedy shuttle service, free online reservations, and kind staff, we aim to please!